Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Curfew and flying stones

so the situation in Dhaka is not that easy at the moment. On Monday there started a fight between the students of Dhaka University and the Police during a soccer match. Then yesterday the situation got worse and all the students of different universities in Dhaka join to fight protest against the police which got supported by the military. They shoot with rubber ammunition and throw big stones at each other. 2 hours ago there was a fight in front of our hotel so that me and some other intern had to stay at the bank for a while.





Now the situation (at least here in front of the hotel) is a little bit relaxed. We could go back to the hotel and now they have a curfew in Dhaka, which means we are not allowed to leave the hotel. Everybody is watching live TV to see how the situation develops. Hopefully we can go out tonight, because I'm invited to dinner and lets say I just made some bad experiences with the hotel. OK, so I am fine and I'm sure I will survive the almost last week! For more information check out google news.
Maybe I'll go to the pool later which is on the roof, so don't worry!

No comments: